1.Collect Inspiring Quotes. Keep notebooks or journals filled with inspirational quotes for days you feel sad. place them within reach and sight, and let the self motivation begin.
2. Show up no matter what. When things aren’t going well for you and you want to quit or give up on your dreams and goals, don’t. Fake a smile if you have to, and continue with the goal until it’s complete.
3. Take pride in hard work. Working hard has its own set of rewards and benefits. Two of them are a sense of purpose and a sense of accomplishment.
4. Schedule a few inspirational activities to participate in weekly. Whether it’s watching an inspiring TED Talk, reading am encouraging book, or listening to an motivating podcast, incorporate them into your life.
5. Schedule downtime for yourself. Everyone runs out of energy sometimes, and needs time to rest. Resting while accomplishing life goals is no different. Schedule time for yourself to relax by meditating, exercising, or whatever you choose to do weekly.
6. Surround yourself with positive people. Just like the Bible verse says, “Bad company corrupts good manners”, and can impact a person’s mindset and life negatively. So, choose your friends wisely.
7. Get enough sleep. Give your body the energy, sleep, and care it needs, and it’ll give you motivation and health.
8. Talk to yourself positively. Recite positive affirmations to yourself, don’t beat yourself up, and encourage yourself sometimes. You’re doing the best you can.
9. Treat yourself when you reach goals. Reward yourself with an food item, clothing item, or something else on your wish list. You earned it.
10. Think about why you set goal(s) in the first place. Doing so gives your goals meaning and reignited your motivation for completing your goals when you start to feel uninspired.