The weather’s changing. The days are getting shorter and cooler, and the holidays are coming. With the holidays coming, cold, flu, and pneumonia seasons are also here along with the current corona virus pandemic the world is experiencing. Thus, people are taking extra precaution this year when it comes to their health. I’m taking better care of myself these days health wise as well, so below are listed 7 fall health tips that people can use to stay healthy this fall season. Enjoy!
- Visit your doctor regularly during this season for preventative services such as cancer and diabetes screenings.
- Eat healthy. Eat items such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and low-fat dairy products.
- Move more, and sit less. Adults need at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week, so be sure to do muscle-strengthening activities such as yoga and or jogging two days a week.
- Cut back on sugary drinks. Substitute water for sugary or alcoholic drinks.
- Get adequate sleep. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Get your flu shot. An annual flu vaccine is the best way to protect against the flu.
- Moisturize your skin, and be kind to yourself. Listen to your body and give it what it needs: sleep, rest, food, and etc. Don’t beat yourself up this fall season.
Happy Fall, y’all!!!!!