Fall is around the corner. It’s coming, and my birthday is too. As the seasons and weather begin to change, I will begin to enjoy lovely autumn sightings and events such as seeing the leaves change colors, seeing fall-themed decor pop up in stores, and seeing fall decorations appear in and around neighborhoods. Autumn isn’t my favorite season, but it is an lovely time of year. Thus in this blog post this month, I will highlight some of my favorite fall activities to do during that time of year. Enjoy!
- Leaf Jumping- It’s a tradition I started with my niece and nephew when they were younger. It brings them so much joy, laughter, and fun! They’re older now, but every time they see a pile of leaves in our yard, they can’t help but to jump in and giggle, and I can’t help but to oblige and let them as I smile at and take pictures of them.
- Lighting Fall-scented Candles- I love candles, but I love autumn smelling candles even more! It’s something about lighting an autumn-smelling candle, placing it on an table, walking away, and letting its aroma fill the room and house as you carry on with your day.
- Attending Fall Festivals- I love attending and going to festivals in my neighborhood and community, meeting new people, and seeing the array of products and services vendors have to offer during the festivals. Most of these festivals are held in the fall in my community.
- Curling up with a good book- I love to grab a blanket, socks, a hot cup of tea and my heater as I read a book on the couch on cool crisp days.
- Watching fall-themed movies on television- On some autumn weekends, I love to just curl up and watch fall-themed movies on Hallmark and Lifetime. Doing so reminds me of the good times I had watching such movies with my now deceased mom and sister years ago.
Happy September, all! 🙂
What are some of your favorite fall activities?