In honor of Mother’s Day this month and my lovely mother who passed away in December of 2017 from pancreatic cancer, this month’s blog post is dedicated to her, our bond, and the things she taught me in life. Below are a few important things that she taught me about life and how to live it.
- My mother taught me to stand up for myself, to never let anyone half-love me, and not to be a push-over. Because of her I know my worth.
- She taught me to believe in myself. She taught me to follow my heart, and to chase my dreams confidently without doubting myself or abilities.
- My mom taught me to save money for a rainy day or hard times. She taught me to handle all financial matters myself, so that no one can manipulate or use me.
- She taught me to keep going in life when things get tough, and to never give up. She taught me to be strong and resilient when it comes to life’s troubles.
- She taught me to love myself, no matter what size or shape I am. My mother taught me to define beauty for myself, and to not adhere to society’s standards of it.
- My mom taught me to be a good person, but not to waste time trying to prove it. She said, “Some people just aren’t going to like you, and will find a way to dislike you no matter what you do, so be a good person but don’t waste time in life trying to prove it to people who are determined to misunderstand you.”
- My mom taught me to never beg anyone for anything: for love, money, time, or affection. She said that if I ever did to forgive myself and to not let it happen again.
- My mother taught me to work for everything in life that I want, to be fearless, to be bold, to be myself, to have fun, to enjoy life, and to be afraid of nothing and no one in life but her and God.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, MOMS!!!