At a dinner party and awards event I attended once, the host and CEO of the organization also played the role of MC at the event. He won over the crowd. He was a natural. That night, I started to admire our host because of his willingness to play different roles. If you would like to be a jack of all trades too, here are a few pointers.
How to fit into different roles comfortably
- Never underestimate what you can do, or who you can be. Try out a new role, and apply for a new job position. The role just might fit you well.
- Be on time to act out your role or else someone else will take your place and possibly do it better.
- Don’t mix up your different roles. Play and act out one role at a time, so you won’t get overwhelmed and your roles don’t overlap.
- Be sure to be there on time to act out your new role. It’s okay to waste your own time, but it’s never okay to waste other people’s time. This aspect will affect your credibility and reputation in your role.
- Know when to act our your different roles and when to relax.
- Remember that some roles will not fit you well. Nobody is good at everything. Know when to give the role to someone else who can perform it better. Acknowledging what you can and can’t do won’t make you a failure. Your job is to put the right person in the right job position, not take all the credit yourself. Everyone can wear different hats, and do it well.
About Author: Adebisi is a blogger.She has a passion for helping women
and girls succeed. She loves her family. Her blog page:
One thought on “Guest Post: Wearing Different Hats on a Shoe By Adebisi Adetunji”
Reblogged this on femininematerz and commented:
I met Ashley from Pockets full of Love blog. She juggles school with blogging and I simply love the fact that she has it all planned out. Thanks for the privilege to share some of my thoughts on your page.