When I was a little girl, Christmas was my favorite holiday. It was back then because it felt more like my birthday with Christmas presents for me underneath both my mom’s and grand mom’s Christmas trees. It seemed as if Christmas never came often enough, lol. Today, it’s still my favorite holiday, but not for the same reasons. I know it’s not the exact date that Jesus Christ was born on, but Christmas is my favorite holiday because it’s the day that Christians remember Jesus Christ’s life and purpose the most. I do all things in remembrance of him daily, but it’s sweeter to do during the holidays. I love God so! Since I was young, one of my favorite things about the holidays was the holiday movies and specials playing on television. They’re all great, but over the years five have become my favorite. It isn’t Christmas, and Christmas isn’t over for me until I’ve watched them all. The list of my top 5 holiday movies and why is below!
- Home Alone-This movie is filled with messages about love for and tolerance of family, getting over fears, and protecting one’s home. It’s always fun to watch a little boy beat up two dumb criminals while he’s at home alone, lol.
- Home Alone 2-Kevin is back! This time he gets on the wrong plane and ends up in New York, while his family heads to Florida. There, he makes new friends, learns the value of friendship, drives the hotel’s staff crazy, and continues to make crime hard to pull off without a hitch for the same dumb criminals from the first movie. What’s not to love, lol?
- A Christmas Story-This one may be my most favorite of all the 5. Set in the 1940’s, the storyline centers around a boy named Ralphie. In it, you see his day to day interactions with his family, friends, bullies, strangers, and his teacher. It’s filled with hilarious scenes that both entertain and teach lessons. I never get tired of the stuck tongue on a telephone pole scene, or the one where Ralphie’s dad wins a sexy leg lamp, lol.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas-I love the Peanuts gang! I always have, and I always will. They’re so lovable. I love all their holiday specials, but this one is my favorite. The kids put on a Christmas play, cheer up Charlie Brown, and Linus talks about Jesus!!!
- A National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation- Ahh, Chevy Chase is comedic gold! In this movie, Clark and his family host their relatives for Christmas, and everything goes wrong. Prepare to laugh!
Happy Holidays! What’s your favorite Christmas movie?